|Job Title: Associate, Operations
Team: Operations Team
Location: Boston, MA
Education Pioneers recruits, develops, and advances professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds to solve problems from outside of the classroom so students and teachers succeed in the classroom. With a staff of over 20 team members with backgrounds as former teachers, consultants, recruiters, researchers, fundraisers, and writers—and in many cases, devoted EP Alumni—we are proud to bring our values to work every day to advance equity and in support of our Fellows, Alumni, and Partners. Over the past 15 years, Education Pioneers has recruited and trained 4,000 leaders, half of whom are leaders of color, in partnership with more than 750 education organizations nationwide, and with more than 70 percent of the Alumni network continuing to lead or contribute to work in the education sector so that all students have access to high-quality education. Learn more about our team here.
Education Pioneers is seeking a strong operational thinker, experienced logistics manager, and effective problem solver to serve as our Associate, Operations on the Operations Team. The Operations Team is responsible for ensuring that Education Pioneers is an effective organization that meets its outcomes annually and has the financial, administrative, and technical infrastructure necessary for all staff to execute their work each day. To do this, the team is responsible for creating and implementing systems and processes that enable effective cross-functional collaboration and smooth execution of programs and operations across functions for all teams.
The Associate, Operations will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations work of Education Pioneers, to ensure that the organization has the operational systems and supports to run efficiently and effectively. This person will support cross-cutting operational needs, including but not limited to people operations, technology and systems, and fundraising operations.
This position will report to the Director, Operations and is a full-time non-exempt role.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in an office environment; experience in operations, human resources / people operations, fundraising, or facilities management a plus
- Proficiency/comfort using technology and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce experience a plus
- Effective project manager with strong attention to detail, team orientation, and ability to work well with and to support multiple and diverse teams and members of a team
- Demonstrated customer service experience with an interest in building and maintaining relationships
- Exceptional planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills to manage a diverse workload, multiple demands, and deadline sensitive projects, all while working towards key outcomes
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, processes, and workstreams with a focus on process improvement and efficiency
- A self-starter mentality and willingness to work independently in a “virtual” environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide, accept, and act on feedback
- Knowledge around and experience using database systems and data; experience with Salesforce and ADP preferred
- A dedication to Education Pioneers’ mission and core values, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion and ability to foster positive team culture and climate
General Organization Operations (40%)
- Support the Director, Operations in cross-cutting organizational operational priorities to ensure organizational effectiveness
- Support in the execution of projects and systems to enhance organizational efficiencies, including improving organization knowledge management and org wide communications
- Share operational and logistical best practices with colleagues across the organization, including operations systems
- Partner with teams to develop shared operations systems to track and manage data and information across various functions; maintain accurate and up-to-date information in appropriate knowledge management systems
- Assist with facilities management of the EP Boston Office, including: processing mail, maintaining office supply inventory, managing meeting spaces, and troubleshooting issues
- Support teams across the Operations Team and larger organization with on-going operational needs throughout the year based on identified projects and capacity
Technology, Systems, and Financial Operations (20%)
- With the Director, Operations manage employee technology workstreams including maintaining laptop inventory, day to day Verizon phone activities, working with EP’s IT provider, and troubleshooting staff technology issues as needed
- Support in the maintenance of EP’s systems and vendor tracking and management system, with a focus on streamlining systems to meet EP’s needs
- Research and identify new systems and technologies that might be beneficial to the organization to employ from an efficiency and cost perspective
- Manage a variety of financial operations workstreams including supporting in processing checks and invoices, supporting EP’s outsourced finance firm as needed, and managing our accounting inbox
People Operations (20%)
- Oversee and manage the smooth execution and implementation, with the support of the Director, Operations, all people operations activities for the organization including:
- On-boarding and off-boarding of employees, both the human assets and technology components of work
- Managing EP’s employee database system and ensure all information is updated on an on-going basis
- Support employee benefit activities including providing employment verifications and support during annual open enrollment
- Act as the primary point of contact for employees around human assets related questions and direct questions and requests to the appropriate individual
Fundraising Operations (20%)
- Manage organizational gift and donation processing, including data entry, gift acknowledgements, and donor recognition activities
- Research fundraising prospects and prepare meeting materials for virtual and/or in person meetings with donors
- Support preparation and execution of quarterly/annual fundraising mailing campaign
- Maintain fundraising data in Salesforce on behalf of CEO and/or other External Relations staff members
Note: Education Pioneers reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Education Pioneers employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes full benefit coverage
Salary Range: Approximately $43,000 - $46,000
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in urban education to reflect the urban communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color to join our team. We support equal opportunity for all people and we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply for open positions.